Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Riddle Me This

Tonight while watching television a commercial came on for a men's prostate product. Having already viewed it numerous times I hit the mute and muttered that I wasn't interested because it did not, nor would it ever, apply to me.

It suddenly occurred to me that the exact same criteria applies to the protests that have been occurring for the past month. Does not caring about prostate health make me a sexist and not joining a protest makes me a racist?

I'm really not trying to quibble and do believe in righting wrongs. It just seems that so many people are jumping on a bandwagon because it's the thing to do. Wouldn't an injustice be better eliminated by endorsing someone or a cause that can actually do something concrete instead of milling about in public carrying signs?

It also seems as if free speech has gone by the wayside. If a person dares to express an opinion that is contrary to what is currently acceptable they will be ostracized or perhaps lose their employment, even if said comment was made years ago. I guess the old expression of sticks and stones is no longer true.

Disclaimer: All the content in this post is completely original; it has not been inspired by, nor is it based on any other blog post, magazine article, nor any book, and therefore I regret any resemblance with any of the aforementioned, and would like to assure you that it was unintentional. Moreover, I do not intend to be offensive towards anyone who reads this blog, if anything written can be perceived as hurtful to any community or person, I apologize, but that was not the purpose of my writing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment